Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Homestead happenings

There has not been much happening around here. It is too hot for much. This week our highs are going to be around 105-108 and that is regular temps. The heat index will make it feel like 115. We have just been doing regular feeding of momma cows and show calves. County fair is in 3 weeks so it is crunch time for us. We need to work on getting some craft projects done this week for the fair.

This weeks menu looks a lot like last weeks, because I didn't get to stick with my menu last week, I didn't have my crock-pot to do my rib and roast in so I am going to do some of them this week.

Sun-Pot luck at church
Mon-Smoked sausage casserole
Tues- Chicken strips, chicken herb rice, salad
Wed-BBQ ribs in the crock-pot, potato salad, baked beans
Thurs- Beef stir-fry with rice
Fri- Go to town day also known as fend for your self night.
Lunch this week will be something simple and light because of the heat. Grilled cheese or cheese casadeas, left overs or salad.

I am going to try my hand at making homemade ranch dressing and if it turns out well I will post about it.
God bless,
Tara

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming by my blog. I know what you mean about the high temps. We are back in the 100's this week and I am ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete