Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back to normal

Hello everyone out there in blogging land. I hope that maybe some things can go back to normal around here. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We sure did. We have a lot to thank the Good Lord for. I can't begin to tell you what all he has done for us this year.

Well all of the fall livestock shows are over with and the kids really done well. I believe the last post I made was in Sept. Since then we had the district and state fair. They both won grand with their heifers at the district fair and Elizabeth one supreme with hers. We had a blast! At state Josh placed in his class and Elizabeth one 2nd. She also got in the top 5 for showmanship. So over all we had a great year.

We are working on getting new calves and we will start up again in January.

We did not get to get a fall garden in. We were just too busy with all the shows and also it is still really dry here. We had some rain earlier in the week, but it is just not enough. My poor hubby worked 12 hours today and came home and tried to take a shower and barely got started when it ran out. He had to make a water haul. It takes a lot of water when you have a family of 5 to keep washed up after.

I hope to keep up with my blog for a while. We are trying to get on a routine and get farm work and school work done on a semil schedule. I am still trying to work on it. Schedules and I don't seem to work out to well.

God Bless ya,
Tara

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear all is well, just busy:)) I've missed you:))

    ReplyDelete