Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homestead Happenings

It has been busy around here. We did have to get x-rays last week for Elizabeths fall off of her horse but everything was fine. She is still pretty sore this week and has trouble sitting down for long periods of time. We have been busy working in the garden and trying to do some spring cleaning. Josh has the 4-H BBQ contest coming up this week and so we are getting ready for that. I did a lot of baking today. I made two loaves of wheat bread, a double batch of chocolate chip cookies and a chesse cake. The green mean cooking machine (aka the oven) has been going all day. I made Elizabeth help me today and Oh my goodness. We need to pray for her starting now. She just does not like to cook which does not help anything. It was a good thing that I was right there with her and didn't let her make the cookies on her own.LOL;) We are trying hanker down on school lessons right now. I have decided that we are going year round this year and I mean it. I think this will work well for us. I will have to adjust our schedule somewhat, but it is totaly doable. I am working on curriculum for next year also. Till next time, God Bless ya, Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment