Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Future Hero

I have a little boy who dreams of being a hero one day!

He is only 6 and wants to be a soldier. He spends his
days making forts and running too and fro on this
old farm. He comes in the kitchen every morning and
says "mom, I'm off to fight the enemy, I'll be back"
I give him a kiss and off he goes. He'll come back in a while later
to tell me he's back and gives me all the details of where his patrol was and what his captain made him do. Imagination is running wild. He gives me another kiss, this time it's usually
a stinky one, but I love the smell of stinky sweaty dirty little boys.

I can't imagine ever sending this sweet little boy off to war one day,
but I am ever so grateful to the mom's of our American Soldiers who have
sent their little boys off to war to keep my little soldier safe.
And sadly lots of them didn't make it home to kiss their mommas.

We are so fortunate to live in this country, and many of us don't even know it.
I want to thank God for the men and women who are out there right now protecting us and for God allowing me to live in this place and for the sweet children he has blessed me with.
God bless America!





The sword you see was made by his grandfather. It is
a favorite of his, who needs fancy plastic toys when you have a
wooden sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment