Thursday, April 12, 2012

homemade egg noodles



 I decided to try my hand at making homemade egg noodles.  They turned out pretty good.  I think next time I will mix them up with my stand mixer and not by hand and see if they are smoother.  Over all they were good.









The ingredients are: 2 Cups flour, 4 eggs, 1 tsp salt.  I mixed the flour and salt and then made a well in the flour and added my eggs.  I started on the inside and worked my way to the outside until all the eggs and flour were combined.
   s  




 




           












I then turned out on my board and worked it untill it was smooth. I wrapped some plastic wrap around it and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.















         I then cut into quarters , to make smaller pieces to roll out.
                                
z


 I rolled out very thin and cut into strips using my pizza cutter.
  

I made one batch to cook now and then cut the other ones into smaller pieces to dry to use later.


I cooked them like I would do any other pasta, lots of water and lots of salt. Make sure to shake off as much flour as you can.  the excess flour can make your water icky.


This is my end result.  We had egg noodles with a cheesy garlic cream sauce and broccoli for lunch today.
Hope you will try them for yourselves.  In fact, if I rolled them out thicker, I think they would be good for chicken dumplings also.  I have the smaller pieces drying in the oven.  You can dry lots of things in your oven if you have a pilot light that stays on all the time. God bless until next time.


God bless,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment