Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Homested happenings

There has not been a lot going on this last week.  We have been busy, but with what I could not tell you.  Josh is off working for the next couple of weeks and the milking has been turned over to me, baahaaahhaaa!  The very first time I milked her I cut my arm on the gate, she got mad and did a flip knocked the panel over on me and fell on me, and before I left the barn Elizabeth's heifer head butted me.  Then tonight I fell face forward in the front lot of the barn.  Needless to say I am a little sore right now!!!  

I was able to visit a very sweet friend this afternoon.  It is always a treat for me to be able to visit with other like minded women.  It is nice to just be able to sit down and talk.  I always feel so much better when I leave from her lovely home.
 I think hospitality is a dead art these days.  We never seem to be able to have time to go visit someone or even let them come see us.  Social media has taken over.  A good old fashion sit down face to face is good for the spirit, body and mind.

Here are few pics from this week:

This is a picture of Cora that I posted last week in my dress when I was her age.
 This is a picture of myself at the same age as Cora.
J.C loves his little sister and loves to help me give her a bath.

Sweet slobbery smiles is what I love!

We had a 4-H craft workshop this week and made lots of goodies to take.

Last week Cora wore my dress this week she wore her big sisters dress.

I was trying to learn how to use a sling that was given to me as a gift, Cora and I went and watered the plants together several times, I still have to work on getting her situated just right.  I liked to have dumped her out once.

J.C's newest project!  A gift from a great aunt.





Nothing like the smell of fresh sheets off of the line!

Flowers doing well and me playing with the camera.

I love fresh figs and so do the birds!  


Fresh raw milk.  It does a body good!

A new experiment!  I found a recipe for a cleaner that sounded very good.  It is vinegar with orange and lemon peeling in it.  You add a tsp. of salt and the peelings add to vinegar and let steep for 2 weeks then add borax  and dissolve and strain into a spray bottle.  We shall see if it works!

God bless ya,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment