Thursday, January 6, 2011

homestead happenings

Today has been a very long day. Jeff has worked on the floor in the hallway. Which of those who do not know is not a normal hall . It is what they used to call a breeze way or a dog trot hall. It used to be open, but now is closed up on both ends. THis is where you come into our home. There are two bedrooms to the left and the rest of the house is to the right. Our floor out there is about to fall through and Jeff worked on it all day. Needless to say there is still alot to be done!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, there I found your blog through another blog - looks great! I can (almost) feel your pain on remodeling an old house. We're in line to inherit the ol' homestead whenever The Husband's grandparents no longer want to live there. Some parts of the house are over 100 years old and it's going to be a lot of work, but I love that house! It has so much history and has raised so many kids and I'll love raising our kids there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to meet you, I am so glad you found my blog. Yes, old houses are great, I love my old house, but it sure does have a lot of problems. It is cold in the winter and even hotter in the summer!LOL. I wish you all the luck in the world with your old home. Home is where the heart is. This home too has lots of history, sometimes I think what would it say if these walls could talk!LOL
    God Bless ya,

    ReplyDelete