Monday, March 28, 2011

prayers are needed

I need prayer right now. It has been a month since my last blog entry, things were crazy then as they are now. My mom is doing better now and all of the kids are well, Jeff even got a good doctors report today. What I need pray for is peace! Peace of mind, peace of spirit, peace in our home, peace in my relationships, peace about where I belong. There seems to be a storm brewing here in our home. We are in between churchs right now and are struggling with a move. I really want to join the church we are presently attending, but my husband and two of the three kids don't won't too. I feel that I am needed in thier music ministry, and I have a gift in that area that I have not used in several years. But, alas we have to go somewhere as a family. So, I just don't know what that means exactly right now. Satan has been attacking our home and me about our decision to keep our children at home. this is our third year and no it has not been easy for us, them or me and the chaos is driving me madd. God is NOT the author of chaos and so therefore somehow I have got to get this family back into check. And why do I constantly have to defend the choices that we have made. well enough complaining right now, on to some farm news. I got a new dryer and new clothes line finally. I also got a new kitchen stove. it is new to me, but it is really six yers older than I am. Think about that one for a minute (if you know my age;0) It is olive green and so far works just fine. My husband and boys were missing the baked goods so much that they didn't care what we got as long as it worked. We had our hogs butchered and got over 300 lbs of meat. We have been so excited over the fresh meat. We have also been working the garden some more and doing a lot of trash cleaning up. I am going to pick up our bull this week and get him home to start breeding the cows. Baby chickens will be here soon. We will be busy with 4-H this next month also. Our awards banquet is in April along with Oramas events. Elizabeth and Josh do not know it, but they one District journals in Animal science and I am very proud of them both. I am waiting to surprise them at our awards banquet. sometime or another I will try and post some pictures. Untill next time. God bless, Tara

2 comments:

  1. Tara, I'm sorry it's been so rough. I'll pray for you--please pray for me, too! It's hard enough when we second-guess ourselves without others criticizing us, too. Keep seeking God--He'll show you the way for your family! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you Tara:)) Glad to see you back in the blog world!

    You will be in my prayers. God's word never fails us, especially when we are struggling. Jesus himself is our peace and promises to guide us.

    On the church issue~ Wives submit to your husbands. God will glorify himself as you obey Him, until you do there will be strife in your home. I know it's hard with two different churches (I've been there for the past 5 years or so), but God says His yoke is easy, His burden is light. Can you give it to God to carry and trust the results to Him? Will you honor God by submitting to your husbands wisdom? Will you tear down your own home or build it up? God will use you wherever He puts you.

    About School~ Just before Trent died I was going to do a post about our homeschool experience for you, but life took a different turn. I will encourage you to make a commitment, even if just mentally to yourself and God, or make a written commitment to post in your home somewhere, etc, etc, whatever helps you stand firm on the decision. But, until you decide 100% that this is what God has called you to for today you will easily sway back and forth.

    Did God tell you to do this? Then do it. Not forever, just for today. One day at a time. As homeschoolers we think we have to be public schoolers at home. The biggest objective in our lives should be that we are training our children up to know the Lord, the rest is secondary.

    What is burdening you in your school day? Are you overloaded with "extras" that don't matter eternally? Are you expecting more out of the kids than God is expecting right now? Are you letting God grow them and being a guide, or are you dictating and demanding that they be where your motherly pride wants them (again, been there, done that, repented).

    They are God's children and He knows where He wants them, He will give you the wisdom to train them up if you let Him. Now I better go train my children and get the chores done:))

    {{Bloggy hugs}} Your friend, Terri

    ReplyDelete