Thursday, February 24, 2011

homestead happenings

It has been a while since I posted, things have been busy around here lately. We are beginning to see a glimps of spring around here. As I write this now I have bouquets of buttercups in mason jars sitting everywhere and we had our first storm of the season tonight. Thankfully we didn't loose power and I am praying that we won't later on either.

My mom is in the hospital right now and I am terribly worried about her and feel very helpless to help her. So I ask your prayers for her and for me also.

Poor little Jc has been very sick this week with an upper respritory infection and a terrible ear infection. He has not been this sick in a very long time. He had to get shots the infection in his ear was so bad, but he was a brave little boy and didn't even cry. I was one proud momma!

I am not feeling very well my self tonight and I have been just totally exhausted lately. I hope to be feeling better tomorrow and Saturday because we are planting in the garden Saturday evening. We are going to plant 100lbs of red seed potatoes, 72 broccoli plants, 36 cauliflower plants, onions, carrots, turnip greens and lettuces and cabbage.

We had a special surprise the other evening. DH was disking up the garden spot and where the potatoes were last year he disked up some. They were still good. We got a bucket full. Needless to say we had some for supper that night with deer steak and corn. It was soooo gooood. I don't know how they didn't rot. I guess because it has been so dry here this winter. I will try and take picks of the garden planting and the buttercups.

On another sad note, I am afraid one of our horses is trying to founder. She has always had trouble with her feet.

Untill next time God Bless,
Tara

1 comment: