Thursday, February 10, 2011

popcorn the old fashion way

I remember when I was little how my grandparents made popcorn for me, we would have popcorn and popcorn balls, in fact my pappaw made it in this very same pot that is in the picture below. It occured to me the other day that I had never made it that way before for the kids. So when we got supplies for the snow storm I thought this would be a good time to show them. All you need is popcorn, oil, and a little melted butter and salt.


Add enough oil and popcorn to cover bottom of pan, cover with lid
and begin to move the pan back and forth across the buner. ( I got this pics loaded backwards):)

Shake till you hear the kernals popping and when it begins to push the lid up off
of the pan pour into bowl and add salt and butter, yum yum!







2 comments:

  1. Tara,Do you remember when we used to sit on the front porch during the summer time with a big ole bowl of popcorn Papaw would pop for us and Mamaw would make us kool-aid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I remember, and I also remember mammaw making popcorn balls in a big dishpan. I can still taste them!

    ReplyDelete