Thursday, February 10, 2011

homemade chicken noodle soup

Homemade soups are very easy to make. I usually make this once a week. When I buy chicken I buy split breast that are on the bone and still have the skin on them. For one meal I will cut the meat off the bone and make chicken strips then the next day I will boil the breast bones and skin to make a stock.

To make soup:
Remove bones from stock and then remove any meat that is left on bones, You will get a lot more than you think you will get.
Add to the stock: 1 onion chopped
3 large carrots chopped
2 bay leaves
parsley, basil to your taste
1tsp onion and 1sp garlic powder or fresh garlic which ever you have
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups uncooked elbow noodles
chopped up chicken

Stir together and let simmer for 20 minutes or untill noodles are done. Serve on a cold day and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment