Saturday, July 23, 2011

Homestead happenings

Well kidos should be home tonight and I can't wait. This has been the longest three days. Jeff went back to work today. He has been so hot he went to the doc. Thursday and they drew blood and his potassium is really low, he is drinking lots of water and gatorade, but with this heat it's just not been enough. Since it was so hot yesterday and hubby was supposed to try and take it easy we decided to go to the movies. We had a good time, we never get to do anything with just JC so it was fun. Well we officially have no garden left. The deer have virtually stripped everything and our pump is messed up. I have just been in tears all week. Our goal of supplying our on food for a year is gone. We still have pork in the freezer, and we have a steer that will go sometime this winter, but I wanted veggies to. We currently still have onions, potatoes and the green beans that I canned. I guess I need to be grateful for what I do have so far. There are lots of people that sure have a lot less. A friend of mine told me last night that maybe the Lord knew I needed a break. Canning all summer is A LOT OF WORK! that is for sure for sure. God bless ya,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment