Thursday, April 25, 2013

Homestead happenings

We have had a pretty good day today.  It has been a busy one, but a good one.  I received lots of encouragement from a dear sweet friend this morning.  It is always nice to know that you are not alone  and that there other ladies out there that struggle with the same issues that you do.  I believe that the Good Lord has sent her to me for blessings and encouragement.
 Jeff and the boys did a little cow work this afternoon and wormed a few momma's and moved them to the big pasture. They also had several little jobs at the house that needed some attention.  Dear hubby will be off work next week and I have a list a mile long for him HA< HA:  Everything here is so pretty and green right now.  We have been blessed with a lot of rain.  This time last year we were already about to blow away.  We are even still having nights in the 30's and 40's sometimes.  The garden is slowly coming along.  We got some tomatoes and peppers out, but not all of them.  JC enjoyed his afternoon of riding little Checkers around.  
Little checkers!


 In baby news I am still struggling with my sugar levels, but i am determined to keep it at bay.  I am living off of salads these days.  In fact for supper tonight I had some fresh butter crunch lettuce and green onions from the garden.  I got to finish the bumper pads and the skirt for the cradle today and next I am going to make a couple of new sheets and a blanket for it this week.  I happen to find some cute material in my stash and am going to use it.  It is not baby material, but it will work and plus I didn't have to buy it!!!!  Then I will work on the crib stuff. Maybe I can post some good everyday pics soon.  I still have not gotten a new camera yet.

God bless,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment