Friday, April 19, 2013


We have been pretty busy around here this last week.  The circus came to town last week and the kidos and I got to go.  We had a pretty good time.  We had a pretty good turn out considering out little town.  

In farm news, the baby chickens have finally been moved out of the house and down to the brooder box.  Now to get the chicken tractor fixed so they can go in there when they get a little bigger.  All of our cool season things are growing and doing well.  Our potatoes are finally popping out of the ground.  Dear hubby buried them so deep I am surprised that any of them have come up.  He got a new plow that had hiller disks on it and was trying to learn how to use it.  The corn is up and looks like we won't have to drop much.  Most of all of it came up.  I told dear hubby someone else was going to have to help him reseed the spots that didn't come up, I was on strike!  We had to plant the beans twice, but I noticed this morning they are trying to finally come up.  We have been fighting the crows and the weather with them.  We are expecting a frost Saturday morning, so  I am glad that I have not gotten my tomatoes and peppers out yet.  This should be the last frost of the year and we can get them out next week before the next round of rain.

In baby news, everything seems to be going well enough.  I am fighting my sugar right now, and that has been very tiring.  It is sapping the strength out of me, but I keep telling myself that this is only for a season and the new little one will be here before I know it.  I have got to get on the ball and get started sewing her bedding, I finally got the material the other day and now to find the energy and time to do it.  I also have kitchen curtains waiting to be sewn.   If any one wants to come on over and help one day you are more than welcome too.  

The kidos broke my camera this week and now I will have to get one pretty quick.  Here are a few pics of last week at the circus.  
Until next time
God Bless ya,
Tara

An elephant ride is always a must and the circus!






Best part of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment