Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Homestead Happenings

Well our summer is running by fast and it seems we have not gotten much accomplished but having a baby and trying to stay cool.  I am through with the corn and peas, and am now working on tomatoes.  I was able to put up 50 qts of cream corn, and 100 qts of purple hull and zipper peas. Little Cora is doing well and gaining weight.  I thought I would post a few pics.
 This is the 3rd batch of corn we did and they all had about the same amount.  
I know it will taste wonderful this winter, but right now I care nothing to look
at another cob of corn.  All 3 batches were cut off and creamed except for about 10 gallon
bags that I put up some that I left on the cob.  
 This was little Cora last Sunday.  She looks really big in this picture, 
I guess it was how close I was, but she weighs 11.9 lbs now.  
She was not happy with me at the time, just look at her expression on 
her face.
 We love this bouncy seat it is our best friend right now.
 I could just kiss on those sweet cheeks all night long.

Well that is all for right now. 
Gob Bless ya,
Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment