Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lots to Do

Well I have finally finished the last of the corn today, but we have more to pick if it rains some more. The corn has lots of ears, they are just not filling out like they should. We need some rain. I guess we are just going to have to invest in a pump to put in the pond so we can water everything. I am going to try and pickle some peppers and make squash relish this evening. I have felt a little better today, but I have had to take a couple of naps. We are having fresh purple hull peas, new potatoes and grilled chicken for supper. I have had the peas and tators on since this morning in crockpots. There was not enough stove room for that and blanching corn. If anyone has a tip on how to keep horse flies off of you and animals please let us know. We have been taken over. You can't even go outside without getting eatin alive. One of our horses has lost her hair on her back because they are so bad. We keep put fly spray on, but they seem to think that is something to eat!!!

God Bless ya, Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment