Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Cold

I don't know if you have had a summer cold, but it is not fun!! We have so much work that needs to be done and the heat is making it worse. I did not mention it in my last post but Saturday the sinus infection had literally gone into my eyes. I went to the doctor today and she gave me some antibiotics and some antibiotic eye drops. My eyes feel like they are about to pop out of their sockets. Please say a prayer for me because I have tomatoes that should have been put up today, to do tomorrow and we are going to start pulling corn in the morning. My sister in law called and also wants to come over tomorrow and let me teach her how to make black berry jelly. That reminded me I had 16 qts of blackberries to do something with also.LOL

I do have to get on my soap box for a moment though. Today while I was at the doctors office the nurse was taking my blood pressure and there were some kids just running up and down the hall way and she made a comment that she could not understand why parents let their kids just run up and down the halls like they do. I was joking to her and said well let me see if they are mine and she was very sweet and said no my children were very well contained and sitting in the waiting room behaving themselves. I thanked her, but it got me to thinking about those kids and what kind of training they have had. Just recently a dear friend gave me several books by Michael and Debbie Pearl. I whished I had had those when my oldest were young. Every parent in this country needs to read these books. I have recently done some changes in our home concerning discipline and it has made a difference. Things are a long way from perfect but they are getting a little better. I have had to pray daily for the Lord to guide me. Everyone is almost asleep and I am going to take some more meds and go get under the humidifier
Lord Bless Ya, Tara

1 comment:

  1. I love Michael and Debbie Pearl! I am in the middle of reading 2 of their books, again. Very convicting! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete